THE NIAGARA FALLS WINTER FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS INVITES COMMUNITY MEMBERS TO GET INVOLVED WITH FESTIVAL EVENTS
Canada’s largest free outdoor light festival is looking for enthusiastic volunteers of all ages to bring joy and keep spirits bright.
The tradition continues with the 40th annual Winter Festival of Lights, extended to 101 nights from November 12, 2022 until February 20, 2023. Enhancing this year’s Festival is an exciting line up of entertainment and event activations hosted indoors at multiple venues, including live entertainment, story time, mascot visits and more.
High school students and adults in the community are invited to volunteer to support the free Festival, which features more than 3 million lights and 75 displays across the city. Volunteer opportunities are a great way for friends, family and co-workers to give back to the community and get into the holiday spirit.
Volunteer Opportunity Overview
Volunteer assignments are ideal for high school students (qualify for volunteer hours) and adults who want to get involved in this community event. Flexible levels of commitment available throughout the Festival season.
- Friday and Saturday nights from November 12, 2021 – February 20, 2022 (except Dec 16)
- Nightly from December 17 – January 1 (except Dec 25)
- Nightly from February 17-20 (Family Day Weekend)
Volunteer Times: 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Variety of volunteer positions include:
- Misty Kids Mascots – the Winter Festival of Lights goodwill ambassadors and furry friends, the Misty Kids are five mascots who love to be silly and take photos with families
- Story Time Readers – share your love of reading with families
- Story Time Animators – entertaining families during story time
- Game Attendants – have fun supporting set up and keep oversized games area tidy for families
- Visitor Experience Attendants – help with live entertainment including traffic flow, directing guests, supporting entertainers and answering questions
- Santa’s Helpers at Outdoor Santa Meet and Greet Events
A volunteer information session will be scheduled in early October. Please stay tuned for details.
Dufferin Islands Attendants – Niagara Parks Commission is inviting community members to volunteer ourdoors at the Dufferin Islands activation November 12, 2022 to January 8, 2023. For more information about the Dufferin Islands volunteer opportunity, please register at niagaraparks.com/volunteer